Covid-19 Business Resources & Information
As COVID-19 continues to be a global concern, the Denison Development Alliance is monitoring the situation on behalf of our local business community. We want to provide you with accurate information, useful tools and resources that allow you to continue to operate your business effectively.
Financial Assistance and Resources
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation grant to help aid small businesses. Available starting April 20, 2020. Save Small Business
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) Guidance & Economic Injury Disaster Loans – Up to $2 million in working capital at very low interest rates to cover operations until normal business resumes.
- SBA / Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- SBA Debt Relief– The SBA Debt Relief program will provide a reprieve to small businesses as they overcome the challenges created by this health crisis. Under this program:
- SBA Express Bridge Loans - This pilot program allows small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 with less paperwork. These loans can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing and can be a term loans or used to bridge the gap while applying for a direct, while the small businesses apply for and await long-term financing through SBA Economic Injury Disaster loan. If a small business has an urgent need for cash while waiting for decision and disbursement on Economic Injury Disaster Loan, they may qualify for an SBA Express Disaster Bridge Loan.
Terms: Up to $25,000; Fast turnaround; Will be repaid in full or in part by proceeds from the EIDL loan.
- SBA / Business Guidance & Loan Resources
- Texas Workforce Commission
IRS Tax Deadline Extension - The Department of Treasury and IRS have moved Tax Day from April 15, 2021 to May 17, 2021. Texans have been granted additional time due to the recent snow storm. Texas filers have until June 15, 2021. Details can be found on the IRS website
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources – Information for employers/workers
- US Chamber of Commerce Combating Coronavirus – Workplace tips, Customizable workplace flyer & guidance for employer response
- US Chamber of Commerce 5 Ways to Retain Your Customers During Coronavirus – Tips to retain customers for your business
- US Chamber of Commerce - Emergency Loans (Small Business Guide and Checklist)
- Texas Department of State Health Services Resources & Updates
- Texas Workforce Commission Shared Work Program – Provides partial funding for hourly employees whose hours have been cut due to a slowdown in business
- Texas Association of Business - COVID-19 Business Resource Tool Kit
- U.S. Department of Labor
State of Texas Regulatory
- Texas Dept of State Health Services - Vaccine Information. Website will allow people to register for a shot through some public health providers. The public will be able to enroll in the Texas Public Health Vaccine Scheduler to identify upcoming vaccine clinics hosted by DSHS or a participating local health department.
- Open Texas Report - Governor Abbott - Summary of phased openings and most recent announcements
- Texas Office of the Governor - Economic Development Updates - Consolidated information for Texas Small Businesses, Texas Workers and All Texans
- State of Texas Economic Development - Texas Governor's website that contains important updates, resources and information for Texas businesses and communities
- Governor’s Strike Force to Open Texas - Details to restart and revitalize work, school, entertainment, and culture
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles – Temporary trucking deregulation
National "Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act"
Congressman John Ratcliffe shared the U.S. House of Representatives (passed S. 3548), Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which President Trump signed into law. This bill will provide aid to the American workers, families, small businesses, and health care providers. Some key resources from the bill are:
- Summary of CARES Act – Small Business Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – Tax Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – Unemployment Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – Health Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – American Livelihood Provision
- Small Business Committee – Information on Paycheck Protection and Loan Forgiveness
- Small Business Committee – Small Business Loans FAQ
- Texas Department of Agriculture COVID-10 Resource Guide - Summary of Federal and State resources for businesses
- Texas Economic Development Council (TEDC) - Resources, Updates & Links
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Texas Health and Human Services – Communications Tools
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Combating COVID-19
Updated: June 29, 2021