Covid-19 Business Resources & Information
As COVID-19 emerges as a global concern, the Denison Development Alliance is monitoring the situation on behalf of our local business community. We want to provide you with accurate information, useful tools and resources that allow you to continue to operate your business effectively.
- City of Denison Updates
- Denison Chamber of Commerce Business and Services Availability Updates
- Denison ISD Updates
- Grayson County Emergency Management Social Media Updates
- Small Business Development Center at Grayson College - Business Advisors who can help direct you to resources. Contact them at 903-463-8787 or email SBDC@grayson.edu.
Business Surveys to Report or Assist with COVID-19 Impact
- Can your business manufacture critically needed supplies?
- How to Help - companies with medical supplies, equipment and services:
- To sell medical supplies or equipment to the federal government, email specifics to email@example.com.
- If you have medical supplies or equipment to donate, provide details on what you are offering.
- If you are a private company that wants to produce a product related to the COVID response, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For non-medical supplies, services or equipment, if you are interested in doing business with FEMA, visit the Industry Liaison Program.
- Business Retention & Expansion Survey from the COVIC-19 Emergency Response Network - complete this survey by March 31 - Local businesses are encouraged to let decision-makers aware of what is happening to them. This survey is provided by the Texas Economic Development Council.
- Centers for Disease Control Interim Guidance for Businesses & Employers
- US Department of Labor Coronavirus Resources – Information for employers/workers
- US Chamber of Commerce Combating Coronavirus – Workplace tips, Customizable workplace flyer & guidance for employer response
- US Chamber of Commerce 5 Ways to Retain Your Customers During Coronavirus – Tips to retain customers for your business
- US Chamber of Commerce - Emergency Loans (Small Business Guide and Checklist)
- US Environmental Protection Agency – Approved disinfectants for COVID-19
- Texas Department of State Health Services Resources & Updates
- Texas Workforce Commission Shared Work Program – Provides partial funding for hourly employees whose hours have been cut due to a slowdown in business
- U.S. Department of Labor
- Texas Workforce Commission – Disaster Unemployment Assistance
- US Small Business Administration (SBA) Guidance & Economic Injury Disaster Loans – Up to $2 million in working capital at very low interest rates to cover operations until normal business resumes.
- Texas Division of Emergency Management
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program - $100 million in available funding and ad credits for up to 30,000 eligible small businesses
- IRS Tax Deadline Extension - The Department of Treasury and IRS have moved Tax Day from April 15, 2020 to July 15, 2020 for small and medium size businesses and individuals who need it. While individuals and businesses have an additional 90 days to file and make payments without interest or penalties, those who may receive tax refunds should file now to get money. Details can be found on the IRS website
- IRS Payroll Tax Credit for Small and Midsize Businesses
- IRS Filing and Payment Deadlines Questions and Answers
State of Texas Regulatory
- Texas Office of the Governor - Economic Development Updates
- Office of Governor Abbott Executive Order on Restaurants, Bars, Gyms & Senior Living Facilities
- Office of Governor Abbott Regulation Waiver for Hospitality Industry to Deliver Alcoholic Beverages
- Texas Department of Motor Vehicles – Temporary trucking deregulation
National "Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act"
Congressman John Ratcliffe shared the U.S. House of Representatives (passed S. 3548), Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, which President Trump signed into law. This bill will provide aid to the American workers, families, small businesses, and health care providers. Some key resources from the bill are:
- Summary of CARES Act – Small Business Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – Tax Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – Unemployment Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – Health Provision
- Summary of CARES Act – American Livelihood Provision
- Small Business Committee – Information on Paycheck Protection and Loan Forgiveness
- Small Business Committee – Small Business Loans FAQ
- Texas Department of Agriculture COVID-10 Resource Guide - Summary of Federal and State resources for businesses
- OSHA’s Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- CDC’s Guidance on Stopping the Spread of Germs
- Texas Health and Human Services – Communications Tools
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce – Combating COVID-19
Updated: March 30, 2020