Newsweek ranked Denison High School in the top 4% of high-performing schools in the nation. A recent eighty million ($80,000,000) bond is being used to construct a new high school campus and renovate existing grade schools.
|Denison, Texas||Education Distribution||% Education Distribution|
|Population 25 years and over||15,484||100%|
|Under Grade 9||
|Grade 9 - 12, No Diploma||1,780||11.5%|
High School Graduate
Some College, No Degree
|Graduate or Professional Degree||
Sources: Denison Independent School District
By the spring of 2014, Denison will be the proud home of one of the most sophisticated and beautiful high schools in the State of Texas.Set atop a hill with panoramic views in all directions, the new Denison High School will continue to offer Denison children a top quality education in a facility that is reflective of the community's DENISON PROUD! spirit.
Denison schools offer an impressive slate of programs comparable to those found in the large metropolitan areas, but without the stresses that accompany big-city life. Denison has no rush-hour traffic. All campuses remain free of crime and gangs. Realigned and restructured elementary and middle schools offer age-appropriate learning in friendly, neighborhood environments. A brand new high school will welcome 2012-2013 students to classrooms featuring state-of-the-art technology supported by a visionary community that backs its teachers and children 100%. The nationally-acclaimed Rachel’s Challenge program is in place on every campus, living proof that kindness and compassion are as important as TAKS and Benchmark at Denison ISD.
In summary, Denison schools are among the best in Texas, the result of a unique school-community partnership that ensures an educational experience that is exciting, engaged, collaborative and interactive…a partnership that provides all Denison children with a firm foundation for excellence in education and in life.
At Denison ISD, education is based on research-driven instruction by award-winning teachers…in exciting environments that encourage imagination, creativity, exploration and discovery…in classrooms where attitudes are positive and expectations high. It’s why Denison kids are among the most successful in North Texas. It’s why the community of Denison has approved an $80 million bond package that includes a new state-of-the-art high school as well as upgrades to all other facilities. It’s why Denison and its schools set the Standard for Educational Excellence throughout North Texas.
- Denison ISD was named to the prestigious “Top 10 Best School Districts in Texas” list by Education Resources Group, a respected research firm in Houston.
- Denison schools consistently score above the state average on standardized tests in virtually all areas, often by as much as 20 percentage points.
- All Denison schools and the district as a whole consistently earn more than 30 Gold Performance Acknowledgment awards annually, at all grade levels, in writing, math, science, reading and social studies.
- More than half of all DISD schools consistently earn exemplary status each year.
- In response to North Texas growth, Denison ISD has instituted a plan for a new high school and other facility upgrades, with the goal of meeting and exceeding the needs and challenges of students and teachers.
- Denison’s “New Teacher Mentoring” program supports and encourages teachers in every area of their educational lives. “Our new teacher mentoring program provides a comfort zone and helping hand throughout our teachers’ first years and beyond, allowing rookies to become comfortable and confident,” said mentor Becky Russell. “I truly believe that our district is the best and most supportive in Texas. It’s just the greatest teaching environment anywhere!”